top of page

Stop! Collaborate....

Public·126 members
Luca Jackson
Luca Jackson

Udaipur Beheading Case: Full Video Of How Police Nabbed The Accused

Udaipur Murder Case: A Brutal Killing That Shook The Nation

On June 28, 2022, a horrific incident took place in Udaipur, Rajasthan, that shocked the entire country. A Hindu tailor named Kanhaiya Lal was brutally murdered by two Muslim men who filmed the act and posted it online. They claimed to have avenged an insult to Islam by Lal, who had shared a social media post in support of a BJP leader who had made controversial remarks on Prophet Muhammad. In this article, we will look at the details of the case, the reactions of the authorities and the public, and the implications and challenges that arise from it.

udaipur murder case full video download


What Happened On June 28, 2022?

The Attackers And Their Motive

The two attackers, identified as Muhammad Riyaz Attari and Muhammad Ghaus, entered Lal's shop in the Dhan Mandi market around noon, posing as customers. They chatted with him for a while, before suddenly attacking him with a cleaver. They tried to behead him, but failed. They slit his throat and left him bleeding on the floor. They then fled from the spot and later uploaded a video of the murder on social media. In another video, they gloated about their crime and threatened Prime Minister Narendra Modi. They said they had killed Lal for insulting Islam by supporting BJP leader Nupur Sharma, who had been suspended by her party earlier this month after her comments on Prophet Muhammad sparked anger among Gulf nations and protests in India.

The Victim And His Background

Kanhaiya Lal Teli (also reported as Kanhaiya Lal Sahu), born around 1982, was a tailor from the Dhan Mandi area of Udaipur. He belonged to the Hindu Teli community and was the father of two sons. He had been running his shop for over 15 years and was known as a friendly and helpful person by his customers and neighbours. He had also been involved in social work and had donated blood several times.

On June 11, Lal had shared a social media post in support of Nupur Sharma, who had made some remarks on Prophet Muhammad that were deemed offensive by many Muslims. Sharma had said that Prophet Muhammad was not a prophet but a warlord who had killed many people and enslaved women. She had also compared him to Adolf Hitler and Osama bin Laden. Lal's post had praised Sharma for speaking the truth and had said that he was proud of her.

This post had angered his neighbour Nazim, who had filed a complaint against him at the Dhan Mandi police station. Lal was arrested and later released on bail. He had also received death threats from Nazim and others, who had circulated his photo on social media with a message that he should be killed if seen anywhere or if he opened his shop. Lal had filed a request for protection with the police on June 15, but the police said they had mediated and resolved the matter between Nazim and Lal.

The Video And Its Impact

The video of the murder, which was recorded by one of the attackers on his mobile phone, showed the gruesome details of the attack. It showed how Lal was caught off guard by the sudden assault and how he tried to resist and plead for mercy. It also showed how the attackers mocked him and shouted slogans of "Allahu Akbar" (God is great) and "Nara-e-Takbeer" (slogan of praise to God) while killing him.

The video went viral on social media platforms like WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Telegram. It triggered mass outrage and condemnation across India and abroad. Many people expressed their shock, anger sorrow, and sympathy for Lal and his family. They also demanded strict action against the killers and justice for Lal. Many people also criticized the police and the government for failing to protect Lal and prevent the crime. They accused them of being biased and negligent.

The video also sparked fear and panic among the Hindu community in Udaipur and other parts of Rajasthan. Many shopkeepers closed their shops and stayed indoors, fearing similar attacks. Some Hindu groups also called for a bandh (strike) in Udaipur on June 29 to protest against the murder.

How Did The Authorities And The Public React?

The Police And The NIA Investigation

The police swung into action after the video surfaced and launched a manhunt for the attackers. They also formed a special investigation team (SIT) to probe the case. They arrested Riyaz and Ghaus from a nearby village within hours of the incident. They also recovered the weapon used in the crime and the mobile phone used to record the video. They booked them under various sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), including murder, conspiracy, promoting enmity between different groups, and waging war against the state.

The police also arrested Nazim, who had filed the complaint against Lal, and two others, who had allegedly helped Riyaz and Ghaus in planning and executing the murder. They also detained several others for questioning and verification.

The police claimed that Riyaz and Ghaus were radicalized by some online content that incited them to kill Lal. They said they had no prior criminal record or affiliation with any terrorist organization. They also said they had acted on their own and did not have any external support or funding.

The National Investigation Agency (NIA), which is India's premier anti-terror agency, also took over the case on June 30, after getting approval from the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA). The NIA said it would investigate the case from all angles, including the possible involvement of any cross-border or international elements. The NIA also said it would examine the online content that influenced Riyaz and Ghaus and trace its origin and spread.

The Curfew And The Internet Ban

The authorities imposed a curfew in Udaipur and some other parts of Rajasthan on June 28, after the video triggered tension and violence in some areas. They also suspended internet services in Udaipur and some other districts to prevent further circulation of the video and rumors. They said these measures were taken to maintain law and order and prevent any communal clashes.

The curfew was lifted on July 1, after the situation was brought under control. The internet services were also restored gradually, after monitoring the situation. The authorities appealed to the people to maintain peace and harmony and not to fall prey to any misinformation or provocation.

The Protests And The Outrage

The murder of Lal sparked widespread protests and outrage across India and abroad. Many people took to the streets, holding placards, candles, and banners, demanding justice for Lal and punishment for his killers. They also expressed their solidarity with Lal's family and condemned the attack as an act of terrorism.

Many political leaders, celebrities, activists, journalists, religious leaders, and civil society members also voiced their opinions on the case. They condemned the murder as a barbaric act that violated human rights and dignity. They also called for a united stand against extremism and violence in the name of religion. They urged the government to ensure speedy justice for Lal and take steps to prevent such incidents in future.

What Are The Implications And The Challenges?

The Freedom Of Expression And The Religious Sentiments

The case raised several questions about the freedom of expression and the religious sentiments in India. It highlighted how social media can be used as a platform to express one's views, but also as a tool to incite hatred and violence. It also showed how sensitive issues like religion can trigger strong emotions and reactions among different communities.

Some people argued that Lal had exercised his right to freedom of expression by sharing his opinion on Nupur Sharma's remarks. They said he did not deserve to be killed for expressing his views. They also said that Sharma had raised some valid points about Prophet Muhammad's history that should be discussed openly.

Some others argued that Lal had hurt the religious sentiments of Muslims by supporting Sharma's remarks. They said he had insulted Prophet Muhammad, who is revered by Muslims as the messenger of God. They also said that Sharma had made false and malicious allegations against Prophet Muhammad that were based on distorted and biased sources. They also said that Sharma had violated the law and the constitution by hurting the religious feelings of a community.

The case also raised the issue of how to balance the freedom of expression and the religious sentiments in a diverse and democratic country like India. It challenged the authorities and the society to find ways to ensure that people can express their opinions without fear, but also respect the beliefs and sentiments of others. It also demanded that people exercise their freedom of expression responsibly and constructively, and not use it to spread hatred and violence.

The Communal Harmony And The Social Media

The case also had an impact on the communal harmony and the social media in India. It exposed how fragile and volatile the relations between different communities can be, especially when religion is involved. It also showed how social media can be used to create or break bridges between people of different faiths and backgrounds.

On one hand, the case threatened to disrupt the peace and harmony between Hindus and Muslims, who have coexisted in India for centuries. It created a sense of fear, mistrust, and anger among both communities, who felt targeted and victimized by the other. It also gave an opportunity to some extremist and divisive forces to exploit the situation and fuel communal hatred and violence.

On the other hand, the case also inspired some positive and hopeful responses from both communities, who came together to condemn t


Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...


bottom of page